There are six different types of homeowners insurance. In order to determine what coverage you have, you will need to consult your insurance provider.
1. Dwelling Coverage - Pays if your house is damaged or destroyed by something your policy covers
2. Personal Property Coverage - Pays if your furniture, clothing, and other things you own are stolen, damaged, or destroyed
3. Other Structures Coverage - Pays to repair structures on your property that aren't attached to your home, this includes, garages, storage sheds, and fences
4. Loss of Use Coverage - Pays your additional living expenses if you have to move while your home is being repaired, these could include rent, food, and other costs you wouldn't have if you were still in your home
5. Personal Liability Coverage - pays medical bills, lost wages and other costs for people you're legally responsible for injuring, it also pays for damaging someone elses property or court costs if you're sued because of an accident
6. Medical Payments Coverage - pays the medical bills of all people hurt on your property, it also pays for some injuries when you're away from home - if your dog bites someone